16/05/2008

Triple Bling 140 m

This is probably the most famous of my Superyacht designs. Originally a redesign of a 100 m yacht for a client in 1997, she was published in the Superyachts Book 1999. Later a Russian client wanted to build her as a titanium and magnesium construction with about 146.000 hp for almost supersonic speeds. Last summer a reputed Dutch shipyard was interested in having her as an 85 meter yacht. Before that an American wanted her as a 122 m, the Double Bling and finally I had somebody asking for a 140 m design why I made the Triple Bling. What happened to all the clients, I don´t know? But she is after more than 10 years, still a modern, if not futuristic design and I see other designs with very similar styling coming out from both bad and good design offices every now and then... Anyway, here is the Mother of Pearl...!

No comments: